… dug out of me in Life Coaching sessions that have surprised me.
- I am not a commitment phobe as I have always thought, but quite the opposite. I am a commitment junkie. Totally addicted to the stuff. But, as with all addictions, this one is terribly unhealthy. I over-commit and then drive myself into the sick-bed/the grave/some form of insanity in order to get the impossible done. The worse thing that can happen to me in these commitments is for me to succeed. Because then I set a new, stupidly-inhuman goal and go all out to kill myself to meet that one too. And succeeding this, there is always a new level of insanity to conquer.
- I am hiding myself in work. There is no balance. Time poverty has been taught to me and accepted by me as a virtue. If I keep this up there will be no humanity left within me for other sentient beings to relate to!
- I hold on to hurts. Doing this only succeeds in hurting me longer. This is not a surprise to me as some of the other five gems have been but I have historically had No. Clue. At. All. how to let things go. It isn’t natural for me to forgive and forget those who do not actively and contritely seek my forgiveness and forgetfulness. I have to teach myself how to do it. Follow a difficult and disciplined process to purge myself.
- I am in love with my own essence! Falling in love with myself and my own gifts, my own unique reflection of God himself, is a process that is bringing me much joy.
- I have let myself go. My wellbeing is way down on my list of priorities. Something has got to give. Panic attacks and migraines, drinking and breakouts, insomnia and weight fluctuations are all pointing to abject neglect. My neglect. Of me. And this has to change.
Some things already have! Friendships, pastimes, focuses have all started to shift. But more will come and I am very excited!